If you are planning to take your motorhome to Spain through one of the Spanish ports, from 23 November you will be required to present a negative PCR (swab) test taken within the 72 hours prior to arrival to enter the country (this includes children). The UK is considered a ‘risk’ country by the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control.
The Government website instructs that you should use a private testing service rather than the NHS to obtain a test for travel.
The requirements for point of entry are:
- it is mandatory for all passengers travelling by air or sea to Spain to fill out and sign an online Health Control Form 48 hours prior to travel, providing the Spanish Ministry of Health with:
- contact information;
- details of any known history of exposure to COVID-19; and
- confirmation that you are able to provide evidence (electronically or hardcopy) that you have undertaken a PCR (swab) test within 72 hours or arrival and have tested negative for COVID-19.
You can do this on the Spain Travel Health website or downloadable app. On completion, you will be issued a personal and non-transferable QR code which you must show (electronically or hardcopy) at health controls on arrival.
- temperature check
- undergo a visual health assessment
The ruling does not apply to those travelling overland to reach Spain and when entering Spain you will not need to self isolate. At the time of writing, France is in national lockdown. You will need to self-isolate on your return to the UK and fill in a passenger locator form (www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk) before you start your journey.
Get a quote for a motorhome now
How it works
We work with the UK’s best motorhome manufacturers to match your requirements with their products. Just tell us what you need from a motorhome and we’ll forward your details on to the most suitable ones. They’ll then contact you to see if you want to take things forward.
1. Enter your details below. Simply tell us a bit about what you want from a motorhome, and leave some contact details.
2. We search our database. We’ll match your requirements with the services and prices that our partners offer.
3. Partners will contact you. Only the suppliers who match your requirements will reach out to you.
If you’ve enjoyed reading this article, why not get the latest news, reviews and features delivered direct to your door or inbox every month. Take advantage of our brilliant Practical Motorhome magazine SUBSCRIBERS’ OFFER and SIGN UP TO OUR NEWSLETTER for regular weekly updates on all things motorhome related