IF YOU’RE NEW to motorcaravanning, you might not know about the two major clubs: The Camping and Caravanning Club and the Caravan and Motorhome Club. However, there are also numerous other clubs and associations to join, particularly if you’d prefer something a little smaller.

Becoming a member of one or both of the major UK touring clubs give you access to 4500 campsites. The Clubs list the sites that they own, their affiliated sites, and those places that are designated Certificated Site or Certificated Location (CS or CL).

CSs and CLs are small, independently owned campsites for members only, which take just five units. They are often in beautiful countryside settings, some are areas set aside within larger sites.

If you are thinking about touring abroad, both of the major Clubs can help with travel arrangements, offering deals for ferries and European site bookings. They can also assist with leisure vehicle insurance.

For more information about the two Clubs, see The Camping and Caravanning Club’s website, at www.campingandcaravanningclub.co.uk, and the Caravan and Motorhome Club’s website, at www.caravanclub.co,uk.

If you’d prefer an association that’s a bit smaller, or focuses on a special interest, other clubs might suit you better – these include our Nightsstop scheme partners, the Motor Caravaners Club. Here are a few to consider:

You’re in Hall 6 Advice Lounge & Event Theatre at Van Live! See what else is happening on stage, or take me to the Show Guide