Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Heated screen

Heated screen 8 months 5 days ago #7533

• StopCox
  • Fresh Boarder
Evening all,

I don't actually have a camper, but do have a 2015 Peugeot Boxer L2H2.

I've always been used to a heated screen on both my transit and qashqai, and I'm lost without it on my Boxer.

I've found a company who will manufacture one for approx £300, but they have a minimum order quantity of 5.

Realistically I think we'll be looking at:

Screen £300
Fitting £75 - £100
Electrical £100
So approx £500 plus delivery for a heated screen, supplied and fitted.

As I'm going to keep my van a good 8/10 years, it's only £50 a year through its life and I'm good with that.

I'm just wondering if anyone on here with a Boxer / Ducato / Relay derived camper / motor home, may be interested?

Thanks for reading...

StopCox
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Heated screen 8 months 5 days ago #7534

• TonyJones
  • Husband, father (of, retired minister, MOTORHOMER!
  • Thank you received: 115
Hi Chris, welcome!
I didn't know you could have a heated windscreen on the Qashqai, thought it was exclusive to Uncle Henry. Seems to be available on practically any Ford car or van, but nowhere else.
I suppose it was only a matter of time before someone offered an aftermarket one for other makes though - hope you find some takers (sorry, my Transit is already equipped!). Do keep us posted!
Voluntary Moderator (but all opinions are my own!)
2005 Bürstner Privilège Citroen
"If God had intended us to fly, He wouldn't have given us motorhomes!"

Heated screen 8 months 5 days ago #7535

• StopCox
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks Tony,

Apparently fords patent ran out in 2015, so now anyone can make them / provide them as an option, but the market doesn't seem to have jumped on board yet?!

Although the new qashqai did, which is a god send... in all honesty the qashqai tekna is great car and you can't beat it for the money!

I also wish the van companies would offer the smart key / keyless entry / engine start. It's very handy in the car, but imagine how more convenient it'd be on a van when you're generally laden with tools etc...

There's a few things van companies are missing a trick on...

Most recent motorhome reviews