Due to a safety concern, Truma has issued a product recall – read on to find out if you’re affected and what you need to do.
Three products are involved. These are: the Truma gas outdoor socket (in white, black or ivory); the fast-coupling release valve KV8-M; and the junction coupling fast-release valve AKV-8-M.
You’ll know if yours is one of the affected items when you look at the yellow handle cap and see one of the following product codes:
What to do next
To find out if you are affected, please follow these steps:
- Turn your motorhome’s gas system off. You’ll do this by closing the cylinders and/or the gas tank or external gas supply. Of course, if your external gas socket is connected to a separate shut-off valve, only the shut-off valve needs to be closed. And if you’ve fitted an awning to your ’van, ensure it has good ventilation.
- Ensure that there are no ignition sources near you when checking the product code. You’ll find the code on the yellow handle cap (you may need to turn the ring to read it).
- If you find one of the codes in the list above, don’t worry, you can get a replacement for free. You’ll need to contact either your dealer, the Truma Service Centre or a Truma Service Partner. If you find a different code, you don’t need to do anything and can continue to use your gas system as normal.
- This recall work can only be carried out by trained personnel. And it’s good to know it is a quick job.
- If your gas system is affected, don’t use it or re-open the shut-off valve until the work has been done.
Why is the recall needed?
It’s important to get the recall work done if you find one of the above codes, because Truma has found that these products have the potential to cause gas to leak ‘uncontrollably’, possibly leading to gas deflagration and injuries.
But don’t worry, Truma is keen to reassure motorcaravanners that it has not yet heard of such a case.
Want to contact Truma? Call 0800 038 8910 or email [email protected]
Truma is keen to reassure motorcaravanners that it has not yet heard of a problem