Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Fiat Ducato ECU failures

Fiat Ducato ECU failures 4 months 1 week ago #8941

• Parahandy
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
My van is a 2013 Ducato 130 series and in January this year as we were starting out to Spain I had an airbag warning light incident but realising it could be a wiring problem fiddled with both revolving seats and it went out. In April it reappeared. With MoT coming up I followed Forum advice and contacted Fiat who denied there is a common problem but admitted they might make a contribution if it proved faulty when checked BY A DEALERSHIP. So I went to my local Fiat Commercial who couldn't "make their computer talk to my ECU" (to be fair they didn't charge me for this non-diagnosis). I contacted my favourite motorhome service centre, Essanjay at Poole and Steve said: "They are coming in thick and fast. I have done 6 this month. Their computer won't talk to your van BECAUSE it is the ECU which has failed". Steve replaced it for just £200. Some people, I gather, have been charged as much as £700 by dealerships. Fiat really should come clean on this and order a total recall of the 2013/2015 vans.....but it is rather strange that it doesn't appear to be affecting commercial vans, only motorhomes. I can't speak highly enough of Essanjay !! I would be glad to hear of other Ducato experiences like this.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Most recent motorhome reviews