Welcome, Guest

TOPIC: Dehumidifier

Dehumidifier 8 months 1 week ago #9093

• Hotwells
  • Fresh Boarder
Can anyone recommend a dehumidifier to put in our (relatively) small Autosleepers Inca (6m)? Noticed a couple of spot on the liner of the roof/ceiling today.

Thanks in advance for any ideas,

Regards

Richard
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Dehumidifier 8 months 1 week ago #9094

• Fresh Boarder
Hi - you can buy electric ones if you park outside house but they will need emptying quite regularly or why not just buy one of those cheap ones from Wilko or B and Q that have water absorbing tablets inside? Sorry no details but all DIY shops have them

Dehumidifier 8 months 1 week ago #9095

• Marbles007
  • Fresh Boarder
Look up rechargeable dehumidifier on Ebay I have two work very well.
Swift Sundance 580 PR
Last Edit: 8 months 1 week ago by Marbles007.

Dehumidifier 8 months 1 week ago #9096

• Hobbyt600
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
Richard

I believe Auto-Sleepers made the “Inca” model from 2004 to 2006, so it’s perhaps not too surprising that the ceiling-lining of yours is now starting to show discoloration.

There is a good deal of on-line discussion (GOOGLE on “motorhome dehumidifier”) including this Practical Motorhome article

www.practicalmotorhome.com/news/30721-do...stroy-your-motorhome

However, if you want to keep dry all the air in your motorhome’s interior, an inexpensive container of desiccant crystals will not be adequate. It might be OK for a small space - a wardrobe for instance - but for an Inca’s whole interior you would need a dehumidifier with much greater air-drying performance and you would probably need to run it continuously.

A motorhome’s interior is not well sealed, with the outside air able to enter through deliberatelly provided roof-window ventilation apertures and gas drop-vents, never mind the commonplace draughts caused by poor fridge installation, poorly fitting door seals etc. So, if the outside air is moisture-heavy and the air inside the motorhome is no longer being dried, the air in the motorhome will soon become as wet as the air outside..

You can try using a dehumidifier to combat mould formation on the ceiling but, realistically, you will need a good quality appliance and operate it not just for short periods of time. Meaco market a range of 230V-powered dehumidifiers

www.meacodehumidifiers.co.uk/collections/home-dehumidifiers

but I cannot advise on how effective they might be as I have never used any type of dehumidifier during the November-February 4-month period that my motorhomes have been static outside in all weathers in the UK.

Most recent motorhome reviews